Dhaka [Bangladesh], Oct. 2 : After six hours of frantic effort, a fire which broke out in a shed of the Benapole land port in Jessore on Sunday, has been brought under control.
The fire started because of an electric short circuit in shed No. 23 of the port around 6 a.m. reports The Daily Star. Jessore Fire Service and Civil Defence's Assistant Director, Parimal Kundu said that 13 firefighting units were rushed to the spot to bring the fire under control.
While dousing out the fire, one of the firefighters suffered minor injuries and was given primary treatment at a medical facility in the area.
The Daily Star quoted Shafiur Rehman, the president of the Clearing and Forwarding Agents' Association of the Benapole Port, as saying that goods worth around Taka 50 lakh and several trucks were damaged in the fire.