New Delhi, Oct 23 : This Diwali make smart jewellery choices for the religious ceremonies, parties, lunches and dinners ranging from small rings, earrings to heavy necklaces.
Darshan Dave, founder of Diosa Jewels gives some options.
* 'Silver' is the new gold: Being an element of rituals, gold has always been considered more valuable than other metals.
But, what makes silver a smarter choice is the fact that it goes with gemstones like topaz, ruby, pearls, amber and marcasite.
Despite being a low maintenance metal, beauty still favours silver. This festive season, don't fall prey to buying gold. Instead, invest in a smarter choice, invest in silver.
* Diamond simulant: Diamonds are a girl's best friend but they come at a hefty price. Use your money effectively and invest in diamond simulants over real diamonds.
Saroja Yeramilli, CEO and Founder, Melorra, also has some inputs to share.
* Layering: Spending money on one big piece of jewellery which complements only festive wear is a waste.
Rather, buy multiple pieces of traditional and contemporary jewellery. Multiple layering with different accessories can give you a grand look without making it seem over the top.
* Complete the set: Do you have a piece of jewellery gifted to you recently? If yes, then complete your look by opting for other pieces that will complement the one you have.
For instance, if you have a necklace, you can try matching it with a beautiful pair of earrings and a bracelet.
* Gifting option: Deciding a gift for your close ones is always a tedious task during the festive season.
Try something different this year and gift contemporary and trendy jewellery that will add value to their wardrobes.
Women today prefer dressing smart and unique and lightweight pieces.