1,949 new corona patients in Telangana, active cases total 27,901

Hyderabad, Oct 4 : Telangana reported 1,949 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, taking its active cases to 27,901 and the total tally to 1,99,276, even as the death toll climbed to 1,163 with 10 more fatalities during the last 24 hours.

For the second consecutive day, the state reported less than 2,000 cases in 24 hours.

Of the 27,901 active cases, 22,816 patients are in home or institutional isolation.

The state's fatality rate stands at 0.58 per cent as against the national average of 1.56 per cent.

Officials said the percentage of deaths due to COVID-19 was 44.96 while remaining 55.04 per cent had comorbidities.

The state continued to see more recoveries than the daily count of positive cases.

During the last 24 hours ending 8 pm on Saturday, 2,366 more patients recovered, taking the total recoveries to 1,70,212.

The state's recovery rate improved to 85.41 per cent as against the national average of 83.84 per cent.

Of the new cases, 291 were recorded in Greater Hyderabad.

The daily count has dropped to below 300 in the state capital for the last few days.

Rangareddy district recorded the second highest 156 daily cases, followed by Medchal Malkajgiri (150), Nalgonda (124), Karimnagar (114), , Khammam (85), Siddipet (78) and Bhadradri Kothagudem (71).

During the last 24 hours, 51,623 more tests took the cumulative total to 32,05,249.

Seventeen government-run and 44 private laboratories and 1,076 Rapid Antigen test centres are conducting the tests.

According to a media bulletin from Public Health and Family Welfare office, of the 51,623 samples tested during the last 24 hours, 21,714 were primary and 6,194 secondary.

Samples tested per million population ratio improved further to 86,116.

The daily testing target for the state is 5,600 per day as compared with the World Health Organisation benchmark of 140 per million per day.

Of the 1,99,276 cases, 70 per cent (1,39,493) were asymptomatic and remaining 30 per cent (59,783) symptomatic.

The data shows that 64.13 per cent corona patients are in the age group of 21-50 and 22.76 above 51.

Those below 20 years account for 13.13 per cent cases.

Officials said that 64.28 per cent patients were males and remaining 38.72 per cent females.

Officials said only 25 per cent of the beds in government-run COVID hospitals are occupied.

A total of 62 government hospitals have 8,868 beds, of which 6,709 are vacant.

As many as 231 private hospitals treating COVID patients have 9,260 beds, of which 6,334 are vacant.



Source: IANS