New Delhi [India], May 2 : In the wake of the ongoing controversy caused by Digvijaya Singh's tweets that alleged the Telangana Police was operating a 'fake' ISIS web portal, the Congress leader, while defending himself, asserted that the information was all gathered based on 'sources'.
Addressing the media here on Monday, Singh clarified that the tweets were based on discussions that took place during an Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) meeting held last week.
"During the ATS meeting, it was revealed that the Madhya Pradesh Government derived its information on those involved in the train blast in Shajapur district and the subsequent encounter of Saifullah in Kanpur from the Telangana Police, which found photographs of the blast that were sent to the ISIS," he said.
"To curb the increasing radicalisation among the Muslim youth, the Telangana Police took up the initiative with a good intention, but the method was wrong," Singh added.
Singh re-iterated that the rise of communal powers would not be tolerated, adding that during the counter-terrorism meeting, several anti-terrorist organisations also agreed to diminish radicalisation among the Muslim youth.
"I would now like to ask KCR and the Telangana Police, am I wrong?" he said while questioning the police and Chief Minister K.
Chandrashekhar Rao (KCR). In a string of tweets earlier today, the Congress leader accused the Telangana Police of setting up a 'bogus ISIS site which is radicalising Muslim Youths and encouraging them to become ISIS Modules'.
Furthermore, Singh asserted that if KCR was involved then he should own up and resign. Recently, the Lucknow district administration ordered a magisterial probe into the death of ISIS terror accused Saifullah, who was killed on the outskirts of Uttar Pradesh capital after long hours of anti-terror operation on March 8.