New Delhi, July 28 : The disciplinary panel of the National Anti-Doping Agency's hearing on dope-tainted wrestler Narsingh Yadav has been concluded and will pronounce its verdict on either Saturday or Monday.
Following the conclusion of the two-day hearing, NADA's lawyer Gaurang Kanth told reporters that the embattled wrestler had not been able to provide substantial evidence to justify his claims of conspiracy behind his positive dope test.
"NADA's defence was that Narsingh has not been able to establish his claim that he is under no fault or how the substance has entered his body," the NADA lawyer said while adding that the Mumbai-based wrestler could face a potential ban of two-four years if proven guilty.
Ahead of the hearing on Wednesday, the 26-year-old grappler's hopes of representing India at the 74kg event in next month's Rio Olympics received a major jolt when he failed his second dope test conducted by the NADA on July 5th.
Earlier this week, Narsingh, who bagged the quota with a bronze medal finish in last year's World Championships, tested positive for a banned anabolic steroid on both his 'A' and 'B' samples.
He has been provisionally suspended since then. Meanwhile, Narsingh has cried foul play, claiming that his food had been spiked and has filed an FIR at the Sonepat Police Station against two fellow wrestlers.
WFI chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh had also backed Narsingh's claims of a conspiracy, after his sparring partner and roommate Sandeep Tulsi also tested positive for drugs.
Following the positive tests, Parveen Rana was named as Narsingh's replacement to save India the quota place.
The move has been approved by United World Wrestling. Narsingh was selected for the Rio Olympics in controversial circumstances as two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar had demanded for trials to determine who should go to the games.
However, Narsingh was favoured for the same after fighting a lengthy legal battle with Sushil..