New Delhi, Aug 28 : The Centre on Tuesday told the Supreme Court that guidelines have been framed to blacklist builders, contractors and architects found to have constructed buildings in violation of sanctioned plans.
A bench of Justice Madan B.
Lokur, Justice S. Abdul Nazeer and Justice Deepak Gupta asked the Centre to put the guidelines on public domain.
Additional Solicitor General A.N.S.
Nadkarni, appearing for the Centre, told the court that an advisory has been issued to state governments to stop unauthorized constructions across the country.
The court had earlier directed the Centre to come out with proper guidelines to blacklist builders, contractors and architects found to have constructed buildings in violation of building bye-laws.
The court now posted for further hearing on September 7 pleas relating to the validity of the Delhi Laws (Special Provisions) Act, 2006 and subsequent legislation that protected unauthorized constructions from sealing.
The sealing drive in Delhi is being carried out by a Supreme Court-appointed Monitoring Committee against business establishments using residential properties for commercial purposes.
It is being implemented by the three BJP-led Municipal Corporations of Delhi.
The committee was set up by the Supreme Court in 2006.
In 2012, the apex court asked the committee to stop the drive. But in December 2017 it ordered resumption of the drive.