Washington D.C. [USA], Nov. 30 : Not all hope is lost for One Directioners as it seems the boys will return sooner or later, following a hiatus after the release of their fifth album last year.
'One Direction' member Niall Horan told a British paper that the band "will be back. We would be silly not to.ridiculous," confirming rumors that the band's extended break will not be permanent, reports People magazine.
The 23-year-old singer has spent his free time establishing himself as a solo artist, and released his first single, 'This Town' in September.
At a recent red carpet event in Los Angeles, Horan said that his bandmates were "all doing [their] own thing.I don't think anyone needs to worry about us - we are fine." The hiatus was a welcome break for the British pop stars, who had churned out nearly an album every year since their creation on 'The X Factor'.
However, even with some off time, the four have stayed busy. As Horan continues recording music, Harry Styles has been testing his acting chops in Christopher Nolan's 'Dunkirk' and Liam Payne has been working on his own solo material following a July deal with 'Capitol'.
Louis Tomlinson has taken on the role of new father following the birth of his son Freddie in January.
The 24-year-old English crooner previously told EW.com that he hoped he would spend his extended break writing new music, with some help from Payne.
Their former fifth member Zayn Malik, left the band in 2015, and has since debuted his solo album 'Mind of Mine', featured singles 'Pillowtalk' and 'Like I Would' and a song 'Flower' sung entirely in Urdu.