New Delhi [India], Apr 16 : If you are packing your bags for an exotic travel destination, make sure your skin is prepared to face the environmental onslaught of that place.
Holiday getaways can be refreshing for the body and soul, they can de-stress our minds, but as we loosen our knots and blast out on a travel plan we often ignore the needs of our skin.
So, as you step out on a vacation, do not forget the needs of your skin, as you certainly do not want a dull, dry and patchy skin while returning from the holiday.
Here're some advice Dr Rashmi Shetty, celebrity cosmetologist and anti ageing expert, Ra Skin and Aesthetics, offers to travel lovers: - Make sure you moisturize and hydrate your skin in advance of your travel plans.
When we travel we often get busy in other details and forget our skincare regime. Moisturize your skin and hair, at least a week in advance - coconut oil is a good option for a skin and hair massage that will deeply hydrate the body and scalp.
Some hydrating cosmetic procedures can also help; hydrating facials can be beneficial, so will a session with hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers like Juvederm.
This will provide you enough deep hydration to last for a few months. - It is always good to take oral supplements of vitamins and omega 3 for your skin. If you are going on a long haul, carry the supplements with you and consume them daily. Vitamins have powerful anti-oxidants that prevent free radical damage. - If you are heading to a sun abundant destination, it would be good to take a Botox shot for your frown lines a week in advance because dun glare accentuates the frown lines and you do not want to return from the vacation with accentuated frown lines.
This will also make you look fresh and relaxed at the holiday. - If you have to spend the day out in the open, you should be taking care of removing the layer of dust and pollution or even bacteria that settles on top of it.
Make sure to carry a facewash and a moisturizer in your handbag and keep washing and applying 2-3 times a day.
Also carry quality wet face wipes that can come to your help in case you do not have clean water. When travelling you want to look good 24/7, so you are bound to wear make up most of the time, but no matter however tired or busy you are, do not forget to remove your make up at the end of the day.
- If you are on a holiday you are bound to spend most of the time outdoors even it is a humid and hot destination.
Excessive sweating in such situations can be a problem. It would help if you undertake a Botox procedure to cut underarm sweating. When administered under the arm, Botox can control the sweat glands and prevent sweating that can cause discomfort, patches on the clothes and body odor.
- Carry an emergency kit. Travelling, even for leisure and meeting relatives, can also give you a lot of stress. Add to it the food you are eating, the sleep you are being deprived of, all this gives extra stress to the skin too.
In such a situation you may have breakouts, so an emergency kit with anti breakout applicants is important.
- It is also very important to ensure you are taking sufficient rest. Plan your itinerary in such a way that there is enough time for rest. - Don't forget to carry a good protective pair of sunglasses on a summer destination. They are vital to protect the eyes against the glare of the sun and also the delicate skin around the eyes.
Better go for a UV protection offering product. - Always carry a hand sanitizer, because we keep touching our faces with hands and you certainly do not want to infect your face skin.
- If you face sweats a lot, carry a spring water mist and keep spraying on your face and wiping with a tissue to keep yourself fresh.
Also, do not keep reusing your hand towel. - Drink enough of water so that if you are drinking a lot of alcohol or junk food, your body should be cleansed.
And if you are eating junk food or binging, make sure you take your vitamins and ensure some crucial workouts to keep the body and skin fine.
- It is important to take care of your hair too. If on a beach, oil your hair well or use a sun protection serum, even plain coconut oil acts as a very good sun protection agent.