SRM University, AP – Amaravati opens admissions for class of 2017-18

New Delhi [India], Apr 14 (ANI-NewsVoir): SRM Group has the ambitious plan to build and create a new research intensive university in Amaravati.

Envisioned to be a university of world-class standards, SRM University, AP - Amaravati is to be a globally connected and regionally transformative centre for research and education.

In ten years, SRM Amaravati will have more than 20,000 students and 1500 faculty members in areas of engineering, medicine, liberal arts, management, law and humanities.

The admissions for SRM University, AP - Amaravati for the year 2017-18 is now open inviting candidates to apply for its B.Tech engineering programmes.

The candidates are required to apply at the official website Only students who have secured a rank within 1,25,000 in JEE Mains 2017 or within 35,000 in SRM JEEE 2017 or a minimum of 1200 in SAT are eligible to apply.

In addition to this, students should have secured a minimum of 60 percent in Class 12 Board Examinations in each of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

The scores in JEE Main/ SRM JEEE/ SAT will have a weightage of 70 percent; the remaining 30% is for the interview and student portfolio representing students' achievements The selection criteria has been designed in a manner to ensure students with an all rounded development are selected.

Direct admissions will be given to meritorious students - National Level Olympiad participants, NTSE/ KVPY scholars, students in the top 5000 ranks in JEE Mains, national and state board toppers.

The deadline for applications is 15 May 2017. The personal interview will commence from June 1 and end on June 10, 2017. The academic session will start in the first week of August 2017 SRM University, AP - Amaravati will initially launch programs in Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication and Mechanical Engineering.

The strength of the cohort will be 240 for the year 2017-18. SRM University, AP - Amaravati has a strong focus on fostering a culture of multi-disciplinary learning and research.

To promote this, the university will allow students enrolled in engineering programs to pursue their interests in non-engineering subjects such as economics, liberal arts through a minor degree.

The courses will be taught by expert faculty from India and abroad. The university is working with Perrett Laver, the international search firm specializing in recruitment in the higher education space for recruitment of Vice Chancellor, Deans and senior faculty members.

The university is also working on establishing collaborations with leading international institutions in areas such as curriculum development, faculty development and research.

To create a vibrant learning environment, the university is working with Perkins + Will, design architects from USA to design the learning and living spaces.


Source: ANI