New Delhi, July 6 : Socks have their own personality and style statement. They can be matched with not just different kinds of footwear, but also with various outfits, say experts.
Lubeina Shahpurwala, co-founder, Mustang Socks and Accessories, and Cyrus Dastur, co-founder, Bombay Socks Co., tell you how:
* Maxi dresses and socks: Maxi dresses exemplify comfort.
A nice long sombre dress matched with a pair of nude shoes and bright socks can be your balancing feature for the day.
* Socks and palazzo pants: Palazzos can be paired with anything and almost everything. Socks share similar feels. Coupling a dark coloured patterned palazzo with light pastel socks and shoes is a good idea.
* Sock with semi-formals: Formals no longer mean a three-piece suit. It is important for the attire to give out a professional vibe, and allow you to be comfortable. Because at most places, monotones are still considered to be formal, add a quirky pair of socks to give it a tinge of vibrancy.
* Socks and bridal wear: This combination of quirky customised socks with a wedding gown can actually break the monotone.
* Socks that clash: It's fun to take a sock that clashes slightly -- wearing pink socks with red shoes for instance, or the bright blues, which are sort of having a moment, are great matched with brown sandals.
* Glitter socks for summer: Absolutely perfect for warm summer days when you want to spice up your look.
They are best worn with high heels.