Washington, D.C., [USA], Sept. 7 : Former world number one golfer Tiger Woods on Wednesday expressed that he hopes to make his competitive return to the sport at a tournament in California next month.
"My rehabilitation is to the point where I'm comfortable making plans, but I still have work to do," said Woods, who hasn't played competitively since August last year due to a string of back injuries.
The 14-time major champion stated that he was targeting his return at the Safeway Open in Napa, California, which starts from October 13.
He is also aiming to play in the Turkish Airlines Open in November and the Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas in December.
The 40-year-old, however, said that his much-anticipated return to competitive golf would depend on his continued recovery.
"Whether I can play depends on my continued progress and recovery. My hope is to have my game ready to go," Woods said on his official website. "It was difficult missing tournaments that are important to me, but this time I was smart about my recovery and didn't rush it," he added.
Woods made his last appearance at the Wyndham Championship in August 2015..