New Delhi, Aug.1 : After wrestler Narsingh Yadav got a clean chit from National Anti-doping Agency (NADA) over doping charges, Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) President Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh on Monday said they will send the order to the United World Wrestling (UWW) so as to get the grappler's name clear for upcoming Rio Olympics.
Ending weeks of suspense over Narsingh's Rio Olympics participation, the NADA had earlier in the day exonerated the wrestler from the charges of violating anti-doping rules while pointing that he was a victim of sabotage perpetrated by a competitor.
Singh said he is hopeful that Narsingh would now head into the Rio and clinch a medal for the country.
"I want to congratulate the Sports Ministry, all the officials, honorable Prime Minister.I want to thank all the citizens.The way they all stood by the truth, I want to congratulate each one of you.
I believe Narsingh Yadav's confidence did not drop from the incident; it rather had boosted his confidence.
I am absolutely hopeful that Narsingh will head into the Rio and clinch a medal for the country. We will send the order to the UWW and the organizing committee and I am fully hopeful that our appeal will get approved and Narsingh will head Rio," Singh said following the verdict.
Reflecting on the ruling, the WFI chief said the NADA had clearly accepted that the conspiracy was being hatched against him and that he is completely innocent.
Narsingh, who was rejoiced by the verdict, said he knew that justice would prevail and that he would get a clean chit from the NADA to compete in the Summer Games.
"It was indeed a very difficult period for me as conspiracy had been hatched against me and even my Rio chances looked bleak at one stage, but the NADA panel has shown faith in me and exonerated me from doping charges," the wrestler told exclusively to ANI.
While insisting he would revert back the trust that everyone had put in him, Narsingh also thanked the WFI chief for supporting him in his dreadful period and said that it was because of his backing that he continued his practice till now.
The 26-year-old grappler, who bagged the quota with a bronze medal finish in last year's World Championships, tested positive for a banned anabolic steroid on both his 'A' and 'B' samples.
He was placed under provisionally suspension since then. However, the NADA cleared the way for Narsingh to participate in the forthcoming Rio Olympics saying that the one-time ingestion by the wrestler 'was not within his knowledge'.
"The panel is treating this as a single violation because the report of the sample taken on 25th June was not notified to him till the sample taken on July 5," the NADA said.
"The panel concludes that the athlete deserves the benefit of Article 10.4 of the anti-doping rules of the NADA 2015 as there is no fault or negligence on his part and he is a victim of sabotage done by a competitor," the NADA panel had said.
Before the hearing, Narsingh had cried foul play, claiming that his food had been spiked and had filed an FIR at the Sonepat Police Station against two fellow wrestlers.
The WFI chief had also backed Narsingh's claims of a conspiracy, after his sparring partner and roommate Sandeep Tulsi also tested positive for drugs.
Following the positive tests, Parveen Rana was named as Narsingh's replacement in a bid to save India the quota place.
The move has also been approved by the UWW. Narsingh was selected for the Rio Olympics in controversial circumstances as two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar had demanded for trials to determine who should go to the games.
However, Narsingh was favoured for the same after fighting a lengthy legal battle with Sushil..