What is Anorexia?
Anorexia (Anorexia Nervosa) is a serious medical condition that leads to problems with eating. People having anorexia, worry a lot about how their body looks and how much they weigh. They avoid eating, taking laxatives or spend many hours exercising. Anorexia patients can die from starving themselves.
Common Causes of Anorexia
- Frightened about getting fat
- Thinking that they are fat
- Always thinking about their weight
- Becoming obsessed with losing weight
- Fear of putting on weight
- Emotional problems
- Wanting to look like models
- Genes and family history
- An imbalance of chemicals in the brain
Home Remedies for Anorexia
This results in loss of appetite due to excessive fasting where the activity of the stomach slows down and secretion of gastric juices are reduced.
Eat 2-3 fresh Oranges a day.
Eat at least 1 Apple a day.
Boil 2-3 cloves of garlic in 1 cup of water. Strain. Add the juice of ½ a lime to this and drink 2 times a day, for a week.
Make a paste of fresh Ginger. Add a pinch of salt and a drop of lime juice to ½ a tspn of the paste. Eat this 2 times a day for 1 week.