Four North Koreans orchestrated murder of Kim Jong Un’s half brother

Sepang [Malaysia], Feb. 18 : Malaysian Police has claimed that four North Koreans were tracking North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's estranged half-brother Kim Jong Nam, from a distance and carried out his murder.

The Straits Times (ST), newspaper of Singapore cited a report of the New Straits Times (NST) as saying that CCTV footage showed three North Korean men monitoring Kim Jong Nam from an eatery named Bibik Heritage, reportedly, 50 meters from the crime scene in the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

However, a fourth man was also, reportedly, trailing Jong Nam before executing the assassination. The attackers were tracking Jong Nam's movements for about a year to ascertain his travelling patterns.

The oldest half-brother of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un was killed in Malaysia, according to South Korean officials.

Kim Jong Nam died on Monday soon after getting ill at Malaysia's Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) before an outbound flight to Macau, as reported by CNN.

Two women are believed to have used some kind of poison to kill Kim Jong-Nam, with reports from Malaysia and South Korea saying he had been stabbed with poison-tipped needles or had chemicals sprayed in his face One woman was already in custody, arrested on Wednesday morning as she tried to fly out of Kuala Lumpur, and is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday.

The Malaysian Police on Thursday detained a second woman, an Indonesian, in connection with the murder Nam.

According to Washington Post, the woman was identified as Siti Aishah, a 25-year-old Indonesian, according to a statement from Khalid Abu Bakar, the inspector-general of police.

She was arrested at about 2 a.m. on Thursday local time. Two women are thought to have attacked Nam, , at Kuala Lumpur International Airport on Monday morning as he went to check in for a flight to Macau, his main base since he went into exile about 15 years ago.

One of the women is alleged to have grabbed him while the other sprayed his face with a chemical and held a cloth over it for 10 seconds.

They left the scene - going down three escalators and buying a taxi voucher before asking to be taken to a hotel - and Kim Jong Nam sought help from the airport staff, complaining of dizziness.

He was put into an ambulance and died on the way to hospital..

Source: ANI